Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
BrandHaiti's Second Annual Symposium "Investing in Haiti: Challenges, Strategies, Opportunities"
Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM (EST)
BrandHaiti is a non-profit, student-led marketing organization that re-brands the negative images and perceptions of Haiti currently dominating international discourse. Our goal is to highlight the Haitian people’s resiliency, creative capacity, and entrepreneurial ability to foster pro-Haitian business investment and revitalize a non-exploitative economy. We do so through a number activities, including the creation of a product line to connect Haitian artisans and entrepreneurs directly to markets, an inaugural spring break program to expose young foreign entrepreneurs to the beautiful Caribbean island of Haiti and network with Haitians, exposés of Haitian entrepreneurs on our website with photos and videos to highlight the positive aspects of doing business in Haiti, and many more. Please visit our website http://brand-haiti.org for more information. This event is generously sponsored by the Institute for Global Leadership at Tufts University.
List of confirmed speakers:
· Nicole Lee, Esq., President of TransAfrica
· Jean-Philippe Vixamar, CEO of Banque Nationale de Credit (BNC Haïti)
· Ralph Latorture, Former-General Consul of Haiti in Miami
· The Honorable Marie Jossie Etienne, Deputy of Milot for the 48ème Législature
· Drusillia Brown, Economist at Tufts and Chair of International Relations Studies
· Prof. Bernard Simonin, Nation-Branding Specialist at Fletcher School
· Genevieve Lemke, Owner of Wahoo Bay Beach Club & Resort in Haiti
· Joey Adler, CEO of Diesel and Founder of ONEXONE
· Jean-Patrick Lucien, CEO of BelSoley
· Fritz Charles, Managing Partner of Haiti Ventures
· Mathias Pierre, President of GaMa Group and Foundation ETRE Ayisyen
· Samuel Darguin, Managing Director of Haitian American Caucus in Haiti
· Jacques-Philippe Piverger, Founder & Chairman of Global Syndicate
· Wilhelm Lemke, CEO of d’Adesky Group
· Jennifer Lemke, Manager of Wahoo Bay Beach
· Legrand Gandhi Lindor, Esq., CEO of LGappareL, LLC, President of Provincial Real Estate Group
· François-Garel Jean-Enard de Vertières, King Henri Estate
· Chef Ron DuPrat, "Top Chef" and Culinary School of Haiti
In addition, Her Royal Highness Miss Haiti Universe 2011 Anedie Azael will screen a video at the event. Thank you to renowned "Top Chef" Ron DuPrat who has generously agreed to cater the event! Thank you also to Dave's Fresh Pasta in Somerville, Sunrise, and Sister's Caribbean Cuisine who have kindly donated Haitian and Italian cuisine for the symposium. Students will have an opportunity to network with the panelists during this delicious lunch break!